Thursday, November 11, 2010

Who you gonna call?



I planned on acting like the responsible adult that I am by going to bed at a reasonable time. I just have to say that I am kind of a night owl and have a hard time going to sleep, especially before midnight.


As I climbed into bed and pulled the covers over, I congratulated myself in my head for achieving this feat. After a few adjustments of my pillow I closed my eyes and completely relaxed. Not even a few minutes later I heard a weird hissing noise, kind of like the sound of rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together right by my ear. I jumped up and looked under the bed to see if the dog might have stood up and sniffed by me, but she was asleep on the living room couch.


 Deciding to chalk it up to something being blown around by the fan, I tried to sleep once more. About five minutes later I felt a tug on my leg. I looked around again and nobody was in the room with me. I said screw this and hightailed it out of there.


I am not ashamed to say that I am a grown man that was startled by noises. I'm also unsure about whether ghosts exist, especially after watching several ghost investigating shows. After what I said today at work however, I am convinced I am being taught a lesson for making a joke.


My ghost is Ray Charles. No, hear me out.


I came across a pair of sunglasses still in the box. I held them up in front of my face and said, "These must be the Ray Charles brand sunglasses, because I can't see a damn thing!"


I got a laugh and a head shake of disapproval, but at what cost?


Let's just say now I have learned my lesson not to make jokes about the departed or they might come visit you and shake you up a bit.


I am glad to have been able to warn whomever comes across this, take heed and watch what you say, or you might get a visit from a ghost named Ray! Ok that was........yeah, goodnight.


Ian

2 comments:

  1. Could've been worse! You should've learned from my mistakes. Remember all those text messages I sent of Michael Jackson jokes the day he died? Remember all the vivid sex dreams that followed starring MJ and myself? Consider yourself lucky.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Laura, as I was writing this post I did remember the whole MJ thing. I will now never think about him either before going to bed. All I can think of is his face falling off, no bueno.

    ReplyDelete